MDS Enhancement - ASN (Advanced Shipping Notices)
Clifton, NJ. The Systems House, Inc.
An advance ship notice or advance shipping notice (ASN) is a notification of pending deliveries, similar to a packing list. It is usually sent in an electronic format and is a common EDI document. In the EDI X12 system, it is known as the EDI 856 document. The ASN can be used to list the contents of a shipment of goods as well as additional information relating to the shipment, such as order information, product description, physical characteristics, type of packaging, markings, carrier information, and configuration of goods within the transportation equipment.
• Capture package level detail using Pack Line Scanning.
• Increase shipping accuracy by scanning items and comparing them to the sales order or picking document.
• Capture serial numbers and lot numbers at packing time.
• Automatically create packing lists by package and order.
• Print certified carrier labels, custom labels, and UCC128 labels while handling the package.
• Create Electronic Manifests.
• Automatically send a detailed E-Mail with tracking numbers and package contents to the
customer at time of shipment.
• Integrated with EDI and Bill of Lading to generate Advanced Shipment Notices.
For more information on TSH or MDS call The Systems House, Inc. at 1-800- MDS-5556. Or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here and tell us how we can help you with your business solutions.